Life with three children and a dog is a journey with multiple hats. All these hats might not fit perfectly, but I pop a seem or restitch one where needed in my attempt to be an everyday woman.
Monday, January 5, 2009
What is up with revolving doors?
What is the point of revolving doors anyway? They are heavy and clumsy and just freakin ridiculous. Yes I am talking literally about revolving doors. And what would possess a restaurant ever to install revolving doors in the main entranceway? Don't they want people to come into their restaurant? Isn't there a rule that only hotels have revolving doors? Well anyway. We were heading out to a new restaurant with friends and guess what? They had revolving doors. I always feel that tiny bit of hesitancy before pushing through a revolving door kind of like when you were a kid playing jump rope, trying to find the right timing to jump into the rope. So my husband went in front of me to push the door first. I had two options. One to jump in right behind me or two to wait and push the door myself. Of course, my last minute split decision was to jump in right behind him that way I wouldn't have to actually control the door. I'm not sure if it was my slight distracted focus on my husband nicely shaped rear or just a lapse in judgement, but the door stopped moving. We were stuck. My husband is trying to push forward and I can't figure out what keeps pulling my arm back. My eyes follow my arm down to my hand to find that the gift bag that I was carrying to give to my friend for her birthday was holding the door in place. I finally tug the bag free and we toppled into the restaurant and I let out a full out barrel laugh. All eyes on us due to my loud laugh. I think I might have scared a few people. According to my husband, these things can only happen to me. At least these things make for a good story. I hadn't even had a drink yet.
Labels:
Things to laugh about later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment