Monday, September 27, 2010

Fashionable Cuts

Waking up next to a precious little smiling face this morning made me do a double take. First because she was only an inch away from my face, second I didn't expect someone to be staring at me while I was sleeping, and third my vision was a little blurry with sleep and I thought something was different with Child #2. Ignoring the thought, I closed my eyes again and said good morning.

After I realized it was a school day, I got up to perform my usual morning routine with the kids, making breakfast. Once I have them settled at the table, I sit down with them to eat my breakfast. Now that my blurry vision had cleared and I was talking with them.

I said, "Oh my God! You cut your hair." And then I busted out laughing. I mean not just the normal chuckle, the deep down barrel laugh tumbled out.

Both Child #2 and Child#3 started crying and telling me, "You're not supposed to laugh at us. It isn't funny, Mom!"

Apparently they didn't expect me to laugh. I think they were expecting me to get mad and yell at them. All I could think about is when I was five and cut my bangs as short as Child #2 did. It was absolutely hilarious.

Child #2 cut her bangs way up on her forehead, which I thought was adorable. Child #3 cut her bangs on a slight angle sweeping into her longer curls, which I thought was very fashionable.

At least their school pictures had already been taken, but I'm sure the Christmas card will reveal the evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment