In preparation for my new book club, I was making a bucket of brandy slush. Now the recipe requires sugar. Since my skills in baking usually come from a box, I don't have the need for sugar very often. Though I know I keep a bag around somewhere in the cabinet. In my search for the sugar, I move several canned goods and a few jars to get to the back of the cabinet.
Reaching my full arm in, I pull a bag out. I look at it and see it is all purpose flour.
Another arm reach, I pull out another bag. Nope. Another bag of flour.
In for the third time, you guessed it. Flour.
Maybe the fourth time will be lucky, I pull out another bag. Nope. Flour again.
Okay where did I get all these bags of flour. As I stated before, I don't bake much. Granted, they are small bags. The only thing I can think of is when I needed flour I went to the store and bought another bag. Weird.
On my fifth arm pull, I am graced with a bag of sugar.
In my extra effort to find sugar, here is the brandy slush recipe:
Boil 2 cups of water. Place 4 tea bags (black or green) in the water. Let cool. Take tea bags out after a few minutes.
Boil 6 cups of water. Dump 2 cups of sugar into the boiling water. Stir. Let cool.
1 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate
3 cups of brandy
In an empty 1 gallon ice cream bucket, mix everything together and place in freezer.
When frozen, add three ice cream scoops into a cup and poor 7up or Sprite over mixture as desired and serve.
A fun and easy party drink to serve a big crowd. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment