Sunday, June 16, 2013

Attempt to fix my foot

So my right foot has been bothering ever since I ran that godforsaken marathon last month. I'm pretty sure it has to do with running with the wrong shoes. My beloved Asics have failed me. They are not making them like they used too. Because I can't stop running, I have to find an alternative. This road has led me down a different path to a brand I've never tried before. I've done the research and read the reviews. With all that, I went to a specialty store.

After this point, we have to keep this information all top secret. I actually spent one hundred and fifty dollars on a pair of Brooks-Glycerin running shoes. Now I've never even spent that much on a suit or purse (don't own a Coach purse and never will) before. This is definitely new territory for me. Shhhh, don't tell the Handyman either. We'll claim this as my birthday present.

I took my new expensive shoes for a run yesterday. It turned out to be delightful. I won't say that my foot is cured, but I felt like I could run longer than five miles. The pain wasn't as bad and I didn't even get blisters from the new shoes. Bonus!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment