Warning:
Descending the dune may only take a half hour to get down, but will result in a two hour hike back up.
With this information, I consult my three kids. Do you really want to try it? Everyone has to agree and there will be no complaining on the way up. I received simultaneous excited yes's.
So we go back to the car, get our swim suits on and I pack a backpack with towels, water, and a camera.
We head down. Awesome views. Such natural beauty. We make it down in ten minutes. The girls are excited to go in the water. We head in. The water is refreshing and clear. We had a blast playing in the waves and swimming. It's hard to believe this is Lake Michigan. Caribbean like water without the salt.
After spending an hour in the water, we agree to head up. It is one of the steepest climbs I've made without actually rock climbing. I pack the backpack up and the girls have already started climbing.
Child# 3 made it up in 25 minutes.
Child #2 and #1 made it up in 30 minutes.
It took me 40 minutes. My age is starting to show, but in my defense I had to carry the backpack which completely throws off your balance when climbing. I know it's an excuse, but at least it didn't take me two hours to get back up.
We had such a great time. The girls are at such an awesome age.

No comments:
Post a Comment