How do you deal with the Close Talkers?
It's bad enough when people are close talkers when they are sober, but when alcohol is involved it makes it ten times worse.
So we are on our way out of a Christmas Party and everyone is saying good-bye. Of course, I get stuck with a close talker. It's not exactly a good-bye. It is the start of another conversation. He is in my face and I take a casual step back while still listening to his rambling. He takes a step closer. Now it has turned into a game. I take another step back. And he continues to follow. I slide to my left once. Then I step back again. Dam, I hit the couch. No where to go.
What would you do? (Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode on this?)
Thank God, another close talker strolls up. They start talking to each other and I make my get away to the left and exit.
Please respect the personal space.
No comments:
Post a Comment