Monday, December 28, 2009

Phantom Wash Cycle

After doing 10 loads of laundry, it definitely boggles my mind how I could possibly forget to put the clothes in the washer. I know you are asking yourself the same question so let me expand on this.

This may be extremely boring information, but it will explain (sort of) why I could forget to put the clothes in the washing machine after I had turned it on.

I turn the washer on, dump laundry detergent in mixing with the water (otherwise you get these mysterious stains from the detergent itself), pour fabric softner in and then add the clothes.

This is a fairly simple process except with our new washer, I have to keep the lid closed in order to make the water run (Now you can see how this might be possible).

While I was waiting for the water to fill up a little, I was folding the clothes I had taken out of the dryer. I was in a hurry and took the folded clothes upstairs to be put away. Then I was onto another task and forgot to add the clothes to the washer.

After I assumed enough time had past to complete the load, I went downstairs to discover that the washer was empty and realizing that I just washed water. Great, what a waste of water and soap. So I start the washer again. I unload the dryer, fold the clothes and double check the washer to make sure clothes are in it this time.

Now this isn't even the weirdest thing about the Phantom Wash Cycle.

I turned the dryer on and took the folded clothes upstairs to put away.

Did you figure it out? Because I didn't until I came downstairs again and realized I dried the Phantom load of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment