In Michigan, I'm visiting my relatives for the holidays. We've just finished dinner at a restaurant. There are about eight of us so we took two cars. It's dark out and I don't know my way around town very well. My Uncle, my cousin and one of my daughters are in my car and I'm following my other Uncle back to his house. In the spirit of the holidays, we are talking about the Christmas lights and a number of other humorous things that I won't mention.
Notice my Uncle in my car is from Michigan and is very familiar with the area. I figure if I lose my Uncle that I am following we will still find our way back.
So we continue following the truck in front of us and our conversation is getting more silly as we go, but we are having a good old time.
I hear my Uncle say, "Weird they are going this way." I continue to follow the truck. Then I realize nothing looks familiar and the truck in front of us is pulling into a house I've never seen before. As everything comes to fruition, I have just followed the wrong truck home to the wrong house. I burst out in hysterical laughter. But, I quickly pass the house that the truck pulled into and circle the neighborhood and get back out to the road we came in on.
My Uncle that is sitting next to me can't figured out what just happened, but I remember that another truck had slipped in front of me when my other Uncle switched lanes. Since we were having so much fun with our conversation, I forgot about it and ended up in an unfamiliar neighborhood. The funny part was that the truck was the same color and had a very similar license plate.
Good thing my other Uncle was with me to get us back home, but I couldn't stop laughing all the way home. I had everyone laughing in the car with me by the time we got to the right house.
No comments:
Post a Comment