After our first trip to Michigan and then again on our trip to Yellowstone this summer, it appears there is a trend forming.
First, in Michigan Child #1 decides to make a little experiment out of the bathroom door. "What will happen if I lock the bathroom door and then close it behind me?"
Oh I don't know, "IT WON'T OPEN."
Well guess what, the door is locked and no one can get in. This is a bathroom door and there is no key for it. Okay, I take a deep breath and ask my Aunt for a screw driver so I can take the handle off, open the door and then put the handle back on. No problem right? Wrong!
The handles comes off, but the locking mechanism is still stuck in the door. It's too long to slip it out. I'm trying to use everything possible to unlock the mechanism. By this time, my Aunt has asked a few people to stop and help. Basically the whole campground is over trying to get this lock thing out. Finally, a knife and screw driver leverage the lock enough (without too much damage to the door frame) to slip it out. Needless to say I was getting a little nervous I wasn't going to be able to fix this.
Then coming back from our trip out West, we stayed at my brother's house one night. Child #3 decides to sit on the toilet seat while brushing her teeth. Except she sits down on just the right angle and then slips busting the toilet seat off the hinges and breaking it completely. Have to love them.
This is why there is no reason to fix things until the kids are close to moving out (we have about thirteen more years to go).You may want to think twice before allowing us to come over. I try to keep them at bay, but it doesn't always work.
No comments:
Post a Comment