Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Christmas Cards

Oh what to do for a Christmas card this year? I can't stomach doing the same boring old card with the standardized pose again. The girls are too old for the same dress thing too. My mom didn't pick out their Christmas dresses this year so I took the girls shopping to pick their own out. I did say no to a few they were thinking about (too ugly and not appropriate), but overall they chose different dresses that I liked. My mom might not be so happy, but I do believe it is important to allow them to express their individual style. Let's face it I have three completely different personalities on my hands (and sometimes a few extra personalities come out to play. Just kidding). They get to choose whatever they want to wear everyday (as long as it is age and weather appropriate) even if it doesn't match. Yes, I'm the mom that allows her child to wear a plaid skirt with pink snowman tights and a striped top in all different colors because this is what makes her happy. And when my children are happy, I am happy:) So please don't stare unless you have something nice to say.

Anyway back to the Christmas card thing. I have an idea, but I better get my but in gear before the snow starts to fly. To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment