On the side of the field, I'm juggling a 12 girl line up with only five girls on the soccer field at a time (its hell to try to get all equal playing time). Child #2 comes bouncing off the field and asks me can we get ice cream after the game now that I scored my goal. Apparently, Child #2 has a delusion that she deserves ice cream every time she scores a goal. I'm not exactly even sure where she came up with this idea, but she continues to hound me about it. In the midst of switching kids off the field, I just tell her to go ask her dad. At this point, we're into the second half and she comes skipping back from the other side of the field with a huge grin on her face to inform me that dad told her he would take her to get ice cream. Again I'm in the middle of finagling children on and off the field when I realize my enchanting daughter has just recruited six other girls to go get ice cream with her after the game.
The game ends (we won 7 to 1), I clean up the side line and go find the push over to figure out what exactly are his plans. So I ask the push over, "You said you would take her to get ice cream after the game?"
Defensively he says, "I did no such thing. I told her it was no deal on the ice cream."
Now the truth comes out about my lying, scheming middle child. We are going to be in so much trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment