I came home the other day with a small bag full of my parents garden goodies, a few tomatoes, a few green peppers, a few red peppers, a few hot chilli peppers. All the goodies were laid out on the counter full of bright and dark reds colors. I planned on making some fresh salsa.
After the girls came home from school, I noticed Child #2 couldn't keep her hands off the merchandise. She must've been attracted to the colors. While touching and feeling the different textures of each veggie, she kept asking what was what and if they were hot. I told her some of the peppers were hot. You could almost see what was going through her head when her eyes bulged out. The peppers were just tempting her to take a bite out of it.
The next day, she couldn't keep her hands off of one of the large red peppers, continuing with her questions about how hot it would be and what it tasted like.
Finally I said, "Take a bite."
Eyeing me up suspiciously, she replied, "It's going to be hot."
"I will give you a dollar if you take a big bite out of it."
"Really?"
"Yep."
Hesitant at first, but Child #2 went in for the big bite. She chewed it and swallowed it.
"Mmm. This is good." And she took another bite.
I knew the red pepper wasn't hot, but I wanted her to stop bugging me about the peppers.
A few hours later, I was folding clothes and a bolt of lightening streaked down the hall into the bathroom. Child #2 was holding a half eaten red hot chilli pepper in her hand.
She says with her tongue hanging out fanning the heat out of her mouth. "This one is hot, mom."
I busted out laughing. She couldn't take the suspense of not trying all the peppers.
No comments:
Post a Comment