After a fun filled weekend of 3 soccer games and a whole soccer team sleepover on Saturday night, I'm not sure if I came out the other end okay. Did I mention a whole team of 10 screaming 7 years-old girls at my house?
My plan was to wear them out with a scavenger hunt/hike, hot chocolate, kick ball, pizza, bonfire with smore's, a movie (it was more like two movies because they wouldn't go to sleep) with popcorn. Unfortunately, I think I wore myself out. On the good side, it was a successful sleepover. No one got hurt, sick or wanted to go home.
When Sunday came around, we had Sunday school and another soccer game. This is the part where I should have stayed home. When I'm tired, it's kind of like being drunk. I lose my social filter. Even though I know, I shouldn't be saying certain things I feel the words tumble out of my mouth in slow motion and I can't take them back. By the end of the soccer game, I'm pretty sure I offended everyone who could hear my loud mouth. I am not making excuses. I accept all accountability with my social diarrhea. These are times when I wish I could be the calm, quiet mom. Unfortunately, I like who I am so there is no hope in changing my issues. Plus I've tried to be good, but it's like a shaken can of soda. When you hold all that pressure inside and finally crack the top a little, the soda still foams up and explodes everywhere.
By Monday, you would think I would've recovered. I'm not so sure. After taking the kids to school, hitting the road with my Aasics, I come back home to find I have missed calls and text messages. The right thing to do is return calls and answer text messages, which I do. Next I have to stretch, but I hear voices. Yes I said it. I hear voices and I can't figure out where they are coming from. (Just a little background, my husband and I think our house is sometimes haunted. That will be another story for later). I walk around the kitchen trying to find out where they are coming from. It only takes me a minute to hone in on the area where I hear them.
Enough suspense. Right?
Well it turns out I left my I-pod on. I could hear the faint sound of music coming out of the earphones. Hope you enjoyed the laugh. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment