During our lovely Wisconsin white out blizzard, I decided to make up a
new recipe or rather my version of a recipe. I'm sure there is some kind of recipe out there that is similar. I was too lazy to look anything up.
Chicken Tortellini Soup-minus the chicken and add a Twist
2 containers of chicken stock (or more water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes)
1/2 gallon of water
4 carrots peeled and chopped (or half bag of baby carrots chopped up)
Half an onion (chopped or sliced however you like your onions)
Sprinkle pepper, fresh garlic, and parsley (whatever amount works for you). Warning: I added a lot of pepper, which made the soup too spicy for the kids (hahaha more for me)
You can add chopped celery if desired. I didn't have any.
Dump all of this into a big pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium for 30 minutes.
Bring back to a boil.
Add a bag of Tortellini (any brand you like from the store). Wait for Tortellini to rise to the top. Then set to medium for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the Twist: Take a very green (under ripen) avocado. Peel, chop, and add to the soup.
Simmer for about 10 minutes and serve.
Obviously, you can add chicken if you want to. I just didn't.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment