Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Runaway Thoughts

Sometime during the early morning dark.

Drawer opens, Handyman states, "I think I'm getting low on clean shirts."

I pull my drawer open, "Huh, look at that I'm low on clean shirts too. I guess we'll have to fire the maid."

Handyman, "Or get a new one."

Now during this fun little banter, at first, I thought oh maybe he's suggesting we hire a maid. Of course, then I thought about it for another second, in my never ending analytical mind, is he saying he wants a new wife? My internal conversation turns to the nasty side. If he wants his clothes done on a timely manner, then he can do them himself. At that point, I was ready to throw down. Then I realize he's a man and men don't have the ability to have seven different layers of meaning to one statement. My internal conversation turns back to rational. He was just trying to be funny.

Laundry is a vicious cycle and I really, really, really, really dislike the chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment