Saturday, October 5, 2013

Perceptive Observer

Due to some alternate scheduling, we ended up with a Saturday without any soccer games. With this unusual break, I declared a deep cleaning day. It's been awhile, but  I have a hard enough time keeping up with the basics like dishes, laundry, and vacuuming. I didn't realize how long it's been until Child #2 started complaining, "You're not doing anything, but wiping down surfaces and things. That's not really cleaning."

 After listening to her continual diatribe, it occurred to me that I don't dust very often. Apparently, my children don't associate cleaning with dusting because I rarely do it. So I spent the morning dusting and moving furniture vacuuming the entire house. At least my house will be clean for a day. Dust is only visible if you acknowledge it. I just choose not to acknowledge it very often.

I'll schedule the next dusting in another two months and make sure Child #2 is home while I dust. Maybe I'll even volunteer Child #2 to dust for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment