Apparently singing releases feel-good chemicals from the brain called endorphins. Who knew? So we can assume someone who is singing or humming a tune must feel happy inside, which makes sense since I enjoy singing along to the songs on the radio while I'm alone in the car. It's relaxing and fun. It's a moment in time where I can put aside all worries or concerns of my day to enjoy a simple song.
Now is the first statement true when someone else sings?
Most of time it doesn't bother me if someone else sings (even out of tune), but when you wake up to three different children singing three different songs it's not exactly relaxing or fun. Especially if they are trying to compete who can be the louder singer.
Maybe it's just old age, but the louder the volume gets in my house the more I just want SILENCE!
On the flip side, maybe I'm doing something right in raising my children to be happy people. They are comfortable and confident enough to share their singing voices with the world. Not sure if the world will be as comfortable to receive their voices, but who cares as long as their happy. Right?

No comments:
Post a Comment