Friday, March 27, 2015

Just in the nick of time

Its amazing what we do for our children.

Child #2 entered the science fair with a friend at school. They decide to do rock candy as their project. Both kids worked together to put create a poster of information and design on their subject. Since it takes a lot of work to make rock candy, the girls decided that they would buy the rock candy to provide samples at the fair instead of making all the samples. Child#2's friend was responsible for getting the samples so I didn't make the mental note to confirm that the samples would be ready for the fair.

Last night was the night before the science fair and Child#2 states at 7:40 PM that her friend couldn't find any rock candy at the store. Of course, my first reaction was why didn't you tell me this earlier. The Handyman goes straight to his phone to find rock candy locally. Walmart pops up as a source. He calls Walmart's customer service to see if they really do have rock candy meanwhile I am making an additional Google search. Half Nut pops up, but it looks like a store online not something locally so I click on it anyway. Just as I'm searching the website. The Handyman repeats Half Nut while talking to Walmart customer service person. Bingo. I check the address. It is a local store and it is open until 8:00 PM. The Handyman quickly calls them to verify they have the rock and candy and they are opened until 8:00 PM. The store is 15 minutes from our house. He rushes out the door.

About half hour later, the Handyman walks back through the door with a disappointed look on his face. I ask, "did you get the candy?" Child #2 skips out to the kitchen, "Daddy, did you get the rock candy?"

The Handyman responded, "They were closed before I got there."

Both Child #2 and I are shocked.

A big smile springs onto his face, "Just kidding! They had a whole bunch of it and it was only $1 per stick."

We bust out laughing. Child #2 says, "Daaaaaddddddd."

The Handyman gets to be super dad for the week. The samples were a hit.

Lesson to Child #2 is to tell mom and dad earlier rather than later. We both emphasized this several times over the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment