Friday, April 3, 2015

Round Trip

Though this happened about five months ago, I thought I would share anyway.

It was a typical weekday, but Child #1 had a doctors appointment in the morning. In my attempt to accommodate my families schedule, I worked from home until it was time to take Child #1 to the doc appointment. The plan was go to doc appointment, take her to school, and then drive myself to work. From the doctor to her school to work is a 50 minute round trip.



We arrive at the doctors appointment and are met with, "Your doctors appointment is next Monday not this Monday." I'm sure the look on my face was hilarious. The receptionist asks if I would like a later appointment for today. I shake my head no and walk away.

Well that was fun. After dropping off Child #1 at school, I head back the way I came to get to my office. I'm only two minutes away. Stopped at a stop sign, a truck is in front of me. Though I was on the phone (speaker-hands free) with my friend, the truck started to beep. Holy crap! The truck started to back up. I choked and couldn't shift into reverse fast enough. As I'm screaming at the driver who can't hear me, the sound of my front end crunching registers and I step on the gas in reverse. The truck stopped after realizing he hit something. I tell my friend I have to go. She laughs and says to call her back.

Jumping out of my truck ready to through the first swing. The driver came out of his truck and I was already swearing up and down at him. I'm sure the surrounding offices were getting an entertaining show of the crazy lady in her business attire. After I calmed down, he apologized several times. I called the cops and took pictures. Got the driver's insurance and drove off to work with my smooshed front end.

The ironic part of the this story is that my front end was just replaced six months prior due to another accident my truck was in.

My friend later tells me she was so disappointed I hung up with her. She wanted to hear my crazy show when I got out of the truck.

The truck driver's company made it really easy to get my car fixed. I have to say that was nice. Plus no was hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment