Sunday, December 21, 2008

Middle Child-What was I thinking?

This morning, it was way too cold to go to church or breakfast for that matter. The kids drag me out of bed to make breakfast because they were hungry. Imagine that hungry when you wake up, who would've thought? I decided I would make breakfast burritos so I start the sausage, scrambled eggs and shredding the cheese. Trying not to burn the sausage and eggs, I pulled my attention away from shredding the cheese. I was in my little own world, let's face it the morning isn't my best time of day. I vaguely remember the girls laughing and running around behind me. I think I just passed it off as them doing their dress up thing and dancing around. The sausage and eggs were done so I turned around to grab the cheese. The cheese disappeared and Child #2 is running the other direction laughing with a trail of shredded cheese falling in her wake. The shit never reached the fan because I was chasing her down like a lion after a water buffalo. Needless to say, I am looking into boot camps now. 13 is going to hell on earth in the Hansen household.

No comments:

Post a Comment