"Are we there yet?" Child #2
"Oh heavens no, this is a very long trip. We explained that the car ride is very long and will take most of the day to get to the campground. It only has been an hour, sweetie. We should be there sometime in the afternoon."
Major whining starts. "Oh mom, I want to be there. Why can't we be there already? I want to go camping. I want to see Sasha and Kayla (my Aunt's dogs)." More whining. Deep breath from me.
15 minutes later.
"How much longer?" Child #2 has become the spokesperson for all kids in the back seat on a long car trip.
"A little bit." Shorter the answer the better even if it is slightly pushing the truth.
"Are we there yet?"
"We're almost there."
"How much longer?"
"A little bit."
"How many more little bits."
"Oh a few."
"Mooooooooommmmmmmmm! How much longer?"
"Possibly, four more little bits."
"Is that close?"
"Yes, very close."
No comments:
Post a Comment