Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baseball Smackdown

Apparently combining hand eye coordination and strength leaves you with a huge welt that almost brings tears to your eyes.

I picked up a game of good old whiffle ball in the yard with Child #1. First ball, she connects and the ball goes high and to the left. Second ball, she connects again and the ball goes to the left. Third ball, a line drive into my forearm, thankfully I was quick enough to cover my face.

I had to make her back up twice because every ball after that was a line drive right to me. I became quite good at pitching and ducking.

Next, Daddy pulls up into the driveway. Great the relief pitcher is here. He starts pitching to her. By her third hit, she had nailed him with a line drive into his left inner thigh. He had a full out bruise from the ball.

It may be possible she is ready for the batting cages.

No comments:

Post a Comment