Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lazy Sunday for Mom

Good old Catholic guilt doesn’t always get me out of bed for church so I asked James to take the kids to Sunday school for me. He took Child #2 and #3 to their Sunday school class at nine in the morning, dropped them off and came back home. Then went back at ten to pick them up and dropped Child#1 off for her class.

I finally got up, went down stairs, started some laundry and hopped on the treadmill. Half way through my workout, I heard the foot steps above me. Then the foot steps down the stairs.

He found me and was visibly mad. “I’m getting a phone down here. I’ve been trying to call you.”

I replied with, “I have my cell phone with me. You could have called that. Why what happened?”

He went into a rant about my car this and my car that. He basically ran out of gas.

I nicely asked, “Where did you run out of gas?”

He answered, “Janesville and St Leonard’s.”

“Oh, that is right by the gas station.” This probably wasn’t the best thing to say because he continued to lecture me about how I shouldn’t run the tank so low.

Then I can’t help myself so I asked, “Didn’t you look at the gas gauge?”

Cantankerously, he replied, “Oh no. Don’t turn this on me.” At this point, I can’t help but laugh. He eventually laughed too.

Just another saga to our humorous lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment