Monday, June 7, 2010

Dinner Love...Love Dinner

Making dinner has been a task that humans have been performing since...well as long as humans have been around, of course (I thought about saying dahhh, but then my inner child would be surfacing again).

Getting back to my point, someone has to make dinner everyday. As you all know, since I am out of a job, the task has been assigned to me (Yay!)

Now that I am not rushed to make dinner in warp speed after a stressful day at work, I am actually enjoying going through the motions of preparing some meals (did you notice the formatting on some). So maybe there is more love going into my cooking now that I am not on a tight schedule. Happier mom, (I think) happier kids.

But, tonight's dinner got something extra special. I was making Mostacholi and finishing up shredding the mozzarella cheese when that last shred didn't sound quite right. Something like a grinding sound rather than a smooth cheese shred sound. If you are imagining the blood dripping all over the cheese, you guessed right, I shredded the skin off the top of my thumb knuckle.

Of course, I have to finish making dinner so I wrap a paper towel around my thumb and continue. So basically, my kids get love, sweat and blood in my dinners.

Shhh. They would never notice the blood in the cheese since the sauce is already red.

Just kidding, no blood actually went into the meal (I'm pretty sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment