Saturday, April 9, 2011

Curious Questions

Since our chipmunk experience, there has been a lot of talk about chipmunks. Most have been very normal questions. For example, Where did Dad put the chipmunks? (Outside) Will the chipmunks be okay once they are outside? (Of course, they will be free).  I'm not sure that they quite understood the chipmunks were dead, but we didn't dwell on any of the details. It was best to just change the subject.

Anyway, it was my Grandma's birthday today. She turned 86 years old. We went down to Chicago to take her out to lunch and hang out with for the day.

Lunch was going well. The girls were behaving so far. Good conversation with additional relatives that joined us. Of course, the conversation leans toward the chipmunks. So I tell the story about our furry friends and the girls start to get silly.

It never fails whenever we feed them they tend to get a burst of energy. In order to cut the out-of-control behavior, I take Child #2 and Child #3 to the bathroom.  

I've mentioned before that Child #2 will ask and say some strange things.

We enter the bathroom. There are two ladies washing their hands. I tell the girls to go to the bathroom and no talking.

Out of Child #2's mouth comes "Mom, I want to know what a chipmunk smells like."  Laughter escapes out of both stalls my two lovely children are in.

The shock in my face makes the two ladies giggle and exit the bathroom. I remind the girls "No talking and finish up."

No comments:

Post a Comment