Saturday, April 30, 2011

Running in Circles

I am sick of the cold from keeping me from exercising outside. On top of that the kids are home because of one of those fun home days from school. My choices were running on the treadmill or running in circles at the park's parking lot. I don't know what's more boring. Okay so I chose to run in circles in the parking lot while the girls rode their bikes (great exercise for me and the girls). In addition, I couldn't listen to music because I had to make sure I could hear them if they needed me or a car was coming into the parking lot. This isn't exactly how I like to run, but as a "mom" (a compromising, under appreciated door mat) it is part of the job, which I enjoy about 70% of the time. Of course this arrangement only lasts about twenty minutes when Child #2 wants to go home because she is bored. I was able to push her another ten minutes before the complaining was unbearable and she started to whine about being cold. Back to the house I go. At least I got thirty minutes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment