Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthdays: Who's counting?

My birthday started out great. The girls cleaned up their bedrooms, I went running, we grilled out. After a few Twisted Teas, I was feeling pretty good. Then the bomb drops. Child #1 (2nd grader) has to finish her book report that is due tomorrow. I must've told her for the last two weeks that she needed to finish. Of course, she chose to ignore me and wait to the last minute. Why must teachers give homework that children need so much help with? With my anger comes sobriety and I suck it up. In order to help her, I have to quickly read the 80 page chapter book "Witches Don't Do Backflips" to figure out what she has to write about. I have to say it was a cute book, but not exactly what I wanted to be doing on Memorial Day. It didn't help that it was almost 90 degrees outs and I wanted to be outside not inside doing a book report. The rule from now on will be to do book reports two weeks before they are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment