Okay, so I am fully aware my children are spoiled with activities (daily swimming, bike riding, play dates, boating, tubing, sleepovers, sports, etc.). My husband tells me it's my own fault for keeping them busy so I get no sympathy from my other half. I do not spoil them with things just my attention (Child #2 has been asking for two years for a DS--I am very proud that I can say our house is DS free). I leave the materialistic things up to the grandparents, which is there job anyway (at least for their generation because my grandparents certainly didn't spoil my brothers and me while growing up).
Anyway this morning I wanted to do one thing for myself, go for a jog while they road their bikes. This way I wouldn't have to have anyone watch them while I worked out. Granted, it was eighty degrees. But it is was earlier in the morning and wouldn't be too bad because they would be riding their bikes.
As they get on their bikes and I am ready to jog, my father-in-law pulls up to drop off a weed wacker and a hedge trimmer that I asked to borrow. He was nice enough to drop them off instead of me driving to get them after my jog. So he's showing me how to use the weed wacker and Child # 2 starts complaining "it's too hot mom, can't we go now mom, let's go now mom" and Child #1 starts to whine because she can't find her helmet.
Apparently I needed this jog bad because after my father-in-law leaves, I flip out on the two whining kids. I tell them to go in the house and sit in the nice air conditioned house. We are not going to go for a bike ride. They are so selfish that they can't do one little thing for me when I do so much for them. I tell them I am going to do yard work instead.
I start with the hedge trimming. After trimming six bushes, I decide I don't like the bushes anymore. I ended up digging up four of the bushes, the roots and all. I used a pick axe thing to get the roots up so I exerted some manual labor. Covered in dirt and sweat, I felt a whole bunch better.
Well, hopefully the next time I ask them to go for a bike ride while I jog they will do it so I don't try to dig up a tree or something else.
No comments:
Post a Comment