Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Driving in Circles or...Talking in Circles

An hour and half into our trip to Michigan Child #2 starts complaining,

"Mom this is taking too long. This is longer than the long way around."

Going through the UP takes us nine hours compared to seven and half hours going through Chicago. And try to picture a whiny complaining tone with a few sobs in between. It makes her complaints even more entertaining.
 
"You are going in circles mom. I know you are going in circles. I just saw that same sign five minutes ago. I know you are going in circles mom. When are we going to get there? It's taking too long. See I saw that same sign again. Stop driving in circles mom. You should've gone the long way mom."

This one sided conversation repeated itself several times over a seven and half period of time. Child #2 finally calmed down and was excited to be at our destination. The most entertaining part for me was the next day when Child #2 tells me, "Thanks mom for bringing us here. I just love it here. I really love it."

And thanks to Aunt Marty and Uncle Tom for allowing us to come up every year to visit. This year was the best year yet. See you in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment