By the light of the moon, I see a darken hole. I know there are freshly washed clothes in that darken hole, but there isn't enough moonlight to identify what I am reaching for deep down into that hole. Does it really matter that I can't see? Well not really. It would be nice to be able to see what clothes I need to hang dry though. Simple luxuries I've forgone with. Oh woa is me. It's a hard life. I know I shouldn't complain, but it makes for a fun story.
Okay so in our laundry room (which is in the basement) we have these ugly fluorescent long tube lights. One by one they have burnt out. Since I notified the handy electrician in the house (two weeks ago) that the last tube is on its last flickering leg, I thought by the first week there would be some replacement tubes. Nope. Nothing. Nada. The handy electrician has decided I need to go to the store to buy two new pull chain sockets to replace the broken light socket in the work room in the basement (It's only been two years since that socket broke) and to replace the tube production light in the laundry room. No problem. I can do that.
Sockets are in the house. Another week goes by, they are still neatly enclosed in the boxes they came in. Granted, we had a busy weekend with a soccer tournament for two kids this past weekend and mothers day at my mom's house, but the handy electrician had time to fix someone else's electrical on Saturday night. Hmmm. Now that same handy electrician is out working hard in another state for the rest of the week. Hmmm. That reminds me. The garage light is burnt out and the porch light is burnt out too. By the time he comes back, we might be living in the dark. I guess I'm going to have to get a tool belt and a ladder for myself. Look out.
No comments:
Post a Comment