Thursday, May 31, 2012

Not just another Birthday

So the big three-five has surfaced. On the good side, I don't look any different from my last day of being thirty-four. On the other side, I forgot to renew my drivers license before the expiration date, which happened to be this year on my birthday, May 30. Normally this wouldn't be a problem except that I didn't notice the expiration date until I was waiting in line for security to check my ticket and ID to get on the airplane to head back to Wisconsin on May 31. In this instant revelation, I quickly motion to my husband what I've discovered. He gives me his license and the tickets in hope the security person won't notice.

While I'm waiting the happy nice security lady checking the tickets is replaced with the grumpy security lady. Not good, not good. Now there is only one person ahead of us. I'm ready to start biting my nails. Suddenly, another security person replaces the grumpy security lady. The new security guy takes our tickets and IDs (my license is on the bottom). Thankfully, this guy is happy too and from Minnesota. He asks us what our opinion is about the Packers wanting to retire Brett Favre's number. Of course, we laugh and say we're good with it. He checks the IDs and tickets and waves us through.

Phew.

That may have been some divine intervention or just luck swinging our way. Either way, I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment