Through my adult years, I've prided myself for never stepping foot into a Starbucks ever (I had to Google the history of Starbucks discovering Starbucks started in 1971-I would've never guessed that one). That even goes with never purchasing a single item from Starbucks (not even a gift card for someone else). Most of you aren't surprised by this statement, but maybe you'll be surprised by the next statement. I made several purchases from Starbucks this past week due to meeting up with others while I was in San Francisco. Apparently in San Francisco a Starbucks is located on almost every corner. Since I was there, I decided to go ahead and make a purchase.
Since I'm not fluent in coffee shop terms, I defaulted to a Chai Tea Latte because the pressure to decide on something different was too overwhelming for me. Plus it's hard to justify trying out something new when it costs $4.50 a cup. Granted I could've purchased a simple coffee, but I do enjoy Chai Tea a lot at home. I have to admit their Chai Tea Latte is awesome and addictive.
Now the question is will I continue to make those purchases at home. The cost is a huge hurdle for me. I can't justify spending that much on a cup of tea everyday when I can make it at home for a fraction of the cost. I guess the penny pitcher in me is showing in this blog post, but we all have priorities on where our money is spent. Mine is just not coffee or tea.
Enjoy your choices!
No comments:
Post a Comment