Well the fall soccer season has ended. To celebrate this wonderful time, I booked a weekend at an indoor waterpark at the Wisconsin Dells. Two nights at a waterpark is probably too much for me, but I booked this during the height of the Fall soccer season and I might've been a little delirious at the time. I needed some kind of goal to pull me through. Our soccer schedule can get pretty intense. More like consume our lives for eight weeks every Fall and Spring. Needless to say, I'm burnt out by the end.
Anyway we made it through the first night and into the next day having a fun little family vacation. On our final evening and last chance to swim, we take the girls to the swimming pool. For the most part, they have exhaustively done all the slides and just want to swim and goof around in the main pool. No problem for me. I was getting tired of climbing all the stairs anyway. They were entertaining themselves in the pool so I decided to get out and take a break. As I sit watching my kids, I notice the lifeguard grab his walkie-talkie and walk to the opposite side of the pool . He crouches downs and inspects something at the bottom of the pool. I immediately yell for the girls to get out of the pool. Other employees show up trying to evacuate the pool.
Yep you guessed, it was a solid chuck at the bottom of the pool. This really pissed me off. The waterpark had a baby section with a zero depth and fun little slides specifically for babies who were required to wear a swim diaper. Granted, I am completely speculating it was the baby that was in the pool because the turd was too small to be a big kid turd. In conclusion, there should be rules about allowing babies in the big kid pool. Obviously, this ruined the rest of the swim time for my kids because there was no more big pool to swim in. Though they compensated by going to the lazy river and bopping around there and still having fun, I still feel (now that my kids are older, I know it's bias) should be no babies allowed in the big kid pool especially when a baby pool is provided.
I guess this is my complaint for parents who don't pay attention to their kids especially with the poop cues. I always knew when my kids were doing their business. It's not that hard to figure out.
Enough about poop and go enjoy a poop free pool somewhere!

No comments:
Post a Comment