Child #2: "Mom, when I brush through my hair, the ends are really ratty."
Mom: "That's probably from the chlorine. I'll trim your hair after your swim lessons end this week. The chlorine kills your hair."
Child #2 "So we shouldn't swim then?"
Mom: "It's no big deal. I swam competitively for 8 years and my hair recovered."
Child #2: "Is that why your skin looks like that? Because of the chlorine."
Mom: "Are you saying I look old?"
Child #2: "No, just your skin."
Mom: "You mean I have wrinkles on my skin?"
Child #2: "Yeah. It's all wrinkly. You probably should use an iron."
This conversation was said in all seriousness until I couldn't hold it anymore and I busted out laughing. Child #2 followed with a chuckle or two. Maybe her thinking isn't too far off. We have an iron to iron our clothes and we have flat irons to iron our hair.

No comments:
Post a Comment