Life with three children and a dog is a journey with multiple hats. All these hats might not fit perfectly, but I pop a seem or restitch one where needed in my attempt to be an everyday woman.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Time crunch
It never fails when you are in a hurry the plan in your head never seems to prevail as imagined. Like most mornings, I’m running a little late. No big deal, I’m almost finished. I just have to put my make-up on and I can shoot the kids out the door and be on my way. Except…let me stop here to explain the “Oh Shit Outcome,” this is when you know you are doing something that is undesirable, but you continue to do it anyway because you don’t have time for the alternative-to start over…I start my make-up routine and realized I put too much on one side, but I continue to put more on thinking somehow this will fix it. I don’t have time to wash my face and start over. Considering its winter, I have the ghost color arms and neck and now an overly baked face with a twinge of too much orange. I can’t even bare to look in the mirror again so I run the kids out the door into the car. I pull the rear view mirror towards me (you know how natural light shows everything) and the horror shocked stricken look crosses my face. Immediately, I start rubbing my face with my hand trying to pull some of the powder off while I’m driving down the road. This is not working so I pull out a tissue. This works, but now I look like a red lollipop with hair. I hope no one notices at work.
Labels:
Things to laugh about later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment