As you all know, I’m a pretty active person. I do a little of this, a little of that. Okay so I pretty much kill myself working out during the week, running, walking, biking, weight lifting and swimming (the swimming actually only pertains to when I compete in a triathlon, okay so once a year, I still kick ass with my swimming time). I know you would think I would have this great body, except I enjoy food too much so everything evens itself out in a sort of acceptable body form (it’s all gravity’s fault). I’ve already gotten off track thus I will reel myself back in (thanks a lot).
So I decide on Wednesday night I am going to change up my routine, I am going to try boxing. Not just any kind of boxing, Wii boxing. (Did you hear that drum roll?) Consequently, I play the boxing for about forty minutes. I’m sweating, breathing hard and my arms feel like jello. I switch to tennis to cool down. I figure it was a good work out probably not as good as running, but the treadmill needed a rest. I’m almost certain I will be sore in the morning (I wasn’t born yesterday, I know how this works).
Well, of course, I wake up sore, but it wasn’t too bad.
Granted, I am completely aware that my competitive nature circles full-force when I play the Wii, but it shouldn’t be any different than lifting weights or running. Right? Wrong. The worse comes the following morning. I’m more achy and sore than I was yesterday. It hurts to lift my arms above my head just to put my shirt on. Why does it take TWO days to feel the full effect of what the Wii does to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment