I just read an article that listed the top ten mysterious diseases that doctors have no cure for. The article goes on to give a definition for each disease. To my surprise, Schizophrenia is one of them. If I’m not mistaken, this disease has been around for sometime now. I found this far too fascinating to let this go. I think in a past life I was a psychologist or sociologist since I just love observing and analyzing people’s behaviors. Well, 95% of the analyzing is actually my own behavior, which leads to a tiny bit of obsessive issues. Anyway the article gives this description of Schizophrenia.
Experts consider this the most puzzling of mental disorders, one which robs the sufferer of the ability to logically distinguish between reality and fantasy (I don’t know if I could get through a single day without visiting my fantasy world, especially when I am on my yacht in the Mediterranean). Symptoms range wildly between patients and include delusions (Sometimes when I buy a pair of shoes and read the receipt after the purchase, I swore the sale tag read $30), hallucinations (When I go down the basement stairs, I envision myself falling down the stairs breaking something and wondering how I am going to get back up the upstairs to take care of my kids and get help for myself), disorganized speech (Hell, disorganized is the understatement of the year, my head is so inflated with disorganization there is no room for organization in here. My husband would definitely vouch for this one), and lack of motivation or emotion (Oh my God, every morning I thoroughly lack the motivation to get up. My responsible personality has to yell at my tired personality to get up. Or maybe it is just the sound of my kids fighting over the space in my bed that motivates me to get up everyday.), but the disease has no defining medical tests (so in other words you can diagnosis yourself, lucky me).
If I would have gone to medical school, I would have ended up in a mental institution. I would have diagnosis myself with everything I would have studied or at least I would have related something about myself to every disease, illness and/or sickness out there. Oh, the joys of being me. At least they haven’t taken me away yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment