Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Enjoy Your Boredom!

I don’t know who said this, but this is my favorite quote, “Enjoy your boredom now because once you have kids bored doesn’t exist.”

Pre-children, I spent the weekends cleaning my house, loafing around, watching movies, reading an occasional book going out when I felt like it-the blissful years of no pressure.

Why is it when you are given the chance to relax the time flies by so quickly it doesn’t even feel like you got the chance to relax?

Post-children, you hardly get a moment to yourself to even think. It is so hard to slow down when you have been going 100mph, but once you do you want more. Then you feel a temper tantrum coming on when you don’t get more time. Very similar to how kids are when you give them some candy or a little freedom and then they don’t just want a little more they want the world. What is up with human nature? We are one messed up species.

Cliche that comes to mind:
You want what you can’t have.

No comments:

Post a Comment