Well we had a fun filled weekend with activity galore by Saturday night. We took all three girls fishing with us on Friday evening. They did really well considering we usually only last one hour with them in the boat. This time we made it two hours and they weren’t even complaining.
Then on Saturday, we had two birthday parties. One at Fun World in the morning and our neighbor had a bouncy house for her birthday next door in the afternoon. So by 6:00pm, the girls were done. We went in the house to watch a movie and go to sleep by 7:00pm. The whole family piled on our bed to watch a movie and relax. James and I fell asleep (we were tired too) only to be awaken by Child #2 screaming “My eye, my eye. It burns.” We both jump up, similar to bouncing on your butt on a trampoline and coming to a standing position. I ran to Child #2 to ask what happened and James disappears to who knows where. She won’t tell me what happened so I quickly assess the situation. She had come out of the bathroom so I went into the bathroom and found her daddy’s cologne bottle lying on the counter (I just bought it. It was an advanced Father’s day gift). Great, she must have sprayed her eye with it. I lift her on the counter and start dousing her eye with water to flush the cologne out.
James comes in yelling, “Don’t use water.” He has the phone in his hand dialing someone’s number.
I calmly ask, “Why not?” As I continue to put water on her eye.
“I’m calling poison control. We should wait to see what they say.”
Of course, I think he is joking, right and say, “Are you serious?” In the meantime, Child #2 says her eye still hurts so I take all her clothes off and put her in the shower. After a few seconds, she says her eye feels better.
“Yes. You don’t know if you should use water to flush it out.” At this point I see that he is serious and is a little panicked.
With my sarcastic tone, “Where are you from? What substance wouldn’t require water to flush out of the eyes?”
He simply replies, “gasoline.”
It is hard to hide my chuckle at this point. “Do we have any gasoline in the house?” That pretty much ended our conversation.
Anyway, Child #2 is okay. We did the eye test and she still can see. We are pretty sure she learned her lesson. Obviously she was trying to smell nice like daddy. Lesson learned here is that anything new coming into the house has to be discussed even if it is only hazardous at a small level.
No comments:
Post a Comment