Sunday, September 13, 2009

Baseball vs. Football

So we take all three girls to baseball game. We do the whole nine yards, tailgating and cracker jacks. We get to our seats. The game starts. We’re at the bottom of the first inning, up to bat and Bernie Brewer goes down his slide. This holds the girls attention for awhile waiting for him to go down the slide again (Bernie goes down the slide every time we hit a home run).

We’re into the second inning, when Child #3 asks, “When are the players going to start tackling each other?”

I respond, “This is baseball, sweetie, the players don’t tackle.”

Child #3 complains, “Awww, Mom, I want them to tackle each other.”

The only thing I can say without laughing is, “The tackling game is football not baseball.”

“But I still want them to tackle each other.”

What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment