Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where did the fun go?

As a kid, I really liked roller coasters, rock climbing, climbing mountains, hiking trails, mountain biking, camping, anything adventurous. You know what I’m talking about when you were young and stupid. You thought you were invincible. I loved anything that gave you that adrenaline rush. In fact, I sought it out. Well maybe that wasn’t exactly true. It was more like if someone challenged me.

Anyhow, the tickle you use to get in your stomach on carnival rides when you were a kid doesn't exactly mean the same thing as an adult. The view of the ground at the top of the Ferris Wheel at the local festival was quite scary when you have two of your children sitting next to you and your husband has the other one in a different seat. All the worst images that you could think of started to float through my mind. The bucket we were in would break and we would all fall to our death. The wheel comes unattached and we fall to our death. The wheel stops and we are stuck at the top for hours. Then the “What ifs” start. Okay so maybe I am being a little dramatic, but I couldn’t help myself. I don’t just have myself to worry about anymore. I have three little lives that I have to protect and worry about.

Basically, the Ferris Wheel wasn’t as fun as it was when I was a kid. However, my kids did enjoy themselves greatly, which in turn made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment