It's pretty scary when Child #1 comes home from school discussing with Child #2 and #3 about who they are going to live with if mom and dad get a divorce. Apparently half of the kids in school have divorce parents (oh, the innocence is disappearing). Somehow this has turned into some kind of cool status because these kids get to do a lot more things. Then again, Child #1 claims she is the only one in her class that hasn't been to Disney World (Of course, my response to this is "has any of the kids been on a airplane to Washington DC?, Hah!). I am not ready to take them to Disney, frankly, I don't really want to take them to Disney.
Anyway I digress, my point here is James and I have been married nine year in March. Evidently for our ages, a nine year marriage, not to mention a first marriage, is pretty rare. We are finding ourselves as the minority rather than the majority (How sad is that?). This doesn't even include the couples who want to get divorce, but can't afford it right now.
I can't imagine what the future will hold for our youth, especially for my children. It is scary to think the generations behind us are taking any kind of commitment so leisurely.
No comments:
Post a Comment