Apparently, I've been slacking as the main source to provide my children with the mall experience. When they were younger, I used to take them to the mall during cold days because it was something to do and there was a small indoor playground and train ride. No problem for when they were toddlers, but as they grew out of this, I stopped taking them. It never occurred to me that this was an important social bridge into the tween demographic. Frankly, I hate shopping and most of all I hate crowds of people. Hence why I don't go to the mall. For shopping, my strategy has evolved into searching for items online with my kids, they choose what they want. Either I order online or go to the store, pick up, and leave. A very simple process. Going in and out of stores at the mall looking for items is a complete waste of time at least in my mind.
This weekend. Child #3 had a birthday party near the mall so I mentioned to the other two, we would drop Child#3 off and go to the mall to hang out until the party was over. Child #1 and #2 were excited about this. I didn't think anything unusual about this excitement until Child #1 said, "I want to go to Sears." That wasn't exactly my first choice of stores to go to. Evidently, some kids have mentioned that they've bought clothes at Sears or have gone there recently. The last time I went to Sears was three years ago when I bought a vacuum cleaner. Like I said, I don't go to the mall that much. I have to say they have a lot of spring dresses out right now. Child #1 and #2 are in that stage of not wearing dresses unless they have to.
After Sears, we ventured out into the actual mall and checked out a few stores like Old Navy and Justice. I have to say Old Navy was actually a good stop. They had a sale going on. Of course, spent too much money, but Child #1 and #2 were getting bored so we headed to the food court for some cinnamon rolls at Cinnabon.
Out of the whole experience, Child #1 and #2 liked the food the best. Goal accomplished. They didn't actually like the shopping part. Works for me.
Have a great Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment