Monday, May 13, 2013

Continuous Improvement

As I get further into my new job, I'm learning more about my new company and other departments within my new company. So the other day I had a meeting with our CI department. Now if you are part of the corporate monkey world, you know this is known as Continuous Improvement or Lean. Basically, it's the department that encourages all employees to find more efficient and faster processes to improve on time within in their department or within the company. It can range from very simple improvements to massive overhaul improvements. Mostly small improvements come out of this program, but add up to majority of the improvements.

During this meeting, all I can think about is how I washed the bathtub while I was taking a shower in the morning because I don't have time to clean the bathroom all at once. Not exactly the image I want to share in a meeting full of people I work with. Capturing those small moments is the only way I can get things done these days.     

No comments:

Post a Comment