I tend to hate going to the restroom in public. Germs, germs, and more other people germs. If I think about it too much, I will try to hold it until I get home. Unfortunately, I don't have this luxury anymore now that I spend the majority of my day in a large four walled structure. Not to mention all the other people within that same structure sharing the same restroom.
As I get used to using the facilities, I've developed a pattern. A pattern that I didn't realize I developed until I couldn't quite complete the pattern. So the unidentified pattern was I would always go into the second stall of the restroom. There are four stalls and I always walk right in until one morning I couldn't. It was occupied. With this break in my pattern, I found myself motionless in front of the occupied stall. I had to make a decision stall #1 or stall #3. Stall #4 is the large handicap stall that I always feel guilty using so I avoid it at all costs. At this moment, I've probably spent too many seconds trying to make a decision. The occupant to the stall #2 probably is starting to get a little creeped out. I head for stall #1, but I realize the water is still running in the toilet and I know someone just used it (totally psychological, but germs are too fresh even if I use the seat covers) so I do a 180 and head for stall #3. After I realize what I've just done, I'm pretty sure that the stall #2 occupant has passed judgement on my behavior already. Oh well, I guess I get to be the water cooler talk for the week. Not the recognition I was looking for, but I can handle anything because I ran a marathon. I bet stall #2 occupant can't say that! Ha!
Have a great day and enjoy your stall #!

No comments:
Post a Comment