Apparently, writing things down doesn't actually hold me accountable to myself. Okay so the last ten pounds didn’t come off before my triathlon, but I still dropped eleven minutes off my overall time from last year. Consequently, this gives me a new goal for next year to drop the same excruciating ten pounds. Of course procrastination runs in the family, which will probably lead to trying to drop ten pounds again two months before the race. What a vicious cycle I live in.
Anyway my official time is listed below:
Distance Short
Clock Time 01:23:57
Overall Place 165 / 2544
Division Place 18 / 258
Swim 00:13:10
Swimrank 105
Trans1 00:04:16
Bike 00:39:35
Bikerank 470
Mph 18.1
Trans2 00:01:31
Runrank 220
Run 00:25:24
Pace 00:08:11
Even though, I did better on my time I totally slacked in the swimming. I did better last year in the swim, but my bike and run improved. Maybe next year I will actually train for the swim part (nah, not training always makes it more interesting). I really need to carve out some time (Where did that 27 hour/day pill go? I know it was in my pocket somewhere).
James brought the girls so they could cheer on their mommy for a whole three seconds, but at least they got to see what the race was about. My parents came too, but they missed me on all three transitions. Oh well, there is always next year.
PS. These times are based on 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3.1 mile run just in case you were wondering.
Wow, I'm picturing swimming around a track 2 times and 13 minutes seems awfully fast. I do remember you being a good swimmer at the Summerfield neighborhood pool!
ReplyDeleteYes, that is definitely where I got my start with swimming. The 8 years of competitive swimming did help as well:)
ReplyDelete