Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Bowling"

Warning: Mom, Dad, you might want to skip this one.

The typical bedtime routine was upon us. The girls were tucked into bed, still up, but winding down for the night. We had even gone through the routine, "I'm thirsty, I need a drink" and "I have to go potty" for the hundredth time.

Since we don’t have a lot of time for extra curricular activities, we have to be a little creative. So we decided to go down stairs for a little "bowling activity." We have always been able to finish a game without getting caught...until last night, that is.

We were on the last frame when the pitter-patter of running feet was heard above us and then down the basement steps.

Child #1 says, "Mom, Dad, Child #2 hurt her eye."

I yell before they reach the basement, “Please go back upstairs girls.” As we scramble to hide the "bowling" evidence.

Child #1 appears in the doorway and says, "Why are you guys wearing towels?" Shocking, they didn’t listen.

Trying to hold a straight face, I reply nonchalantly, “Because we were trying on Halloween costumes, now please go upstairs.”

Child #1 and Child #3 look at us strangely and say in unison, "Oh." And run back upstairs. Great now I have to go buy Halloween costumes for us.

I return upstairs to check on Child #2. She is fine.

Child #1 asks, "Were you wearing underwear?"

I respond, "Well of course I was, silly."

So maybe "bowling" in the basement wasn’t such a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment