Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Musical beds

Last night, I put the kids to bed and went downstairs to use the treadmill. After my wonderful (come on, do you really believe that?) workout, I came up stairs to find my lovely three children sleeping all together on the floor in the playroom. Child #1 was actually sleeping and #2 and #3 were fake sleeping. I told the two to go back to their beds, which they did and fell asleep immediately.

All was good when I went to sleep.

After a few blissful minutes of sleep, Child #3 wiggled her way into my bed. When Dad came to bed, he moved Child #3 back to her bed. Not even five minutes later, Child #2 began to talk in her sleep and woke herself up. I heard the feet hit the floor and she was in the middle of our bed in no time.

About a half an hour later, Child #3 was up again calling for me. I go into the bedroom and she is sitting up yelling that there is a tiger-dragon on the floor so I lay down with her to try to get her to go back to sleep. Meantime I notice Child #1 is sleeping in her bed. With all the commotion of the other two, I didn’t even hear her get up. Anyway, I tell Child #3 that I will slay the tiger-dragon and be rid of him for good. She falls back asleep.

I go back to my bed.

This didn’t work because fifteen minutes later she is at my bed side telling me that the tiger-dragon was really scary. At this point I just want to SLEEP! Child #2 has fallen asleep so I move her back to her bed and let Child #3 climb back into my bed.

Dad leaves around 5:00am in the morning so when I woke up at 6:30am I find Child #1 and Child #3 sleeping next to me. I can’t win.

I really can’t figure it out because they usually only have bad nightmares when they eat bad food like McDonalds. We ate dinner at home and I made my burritos that they never have a problem with. Maybe it was something they ate at daycare. Oh well, it makes for a funny story later because I am not laughing now. I am really cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment