Sunday, August 23, 2009

BUELLER? BUELLER? BUELLER? ANYONE? ANYONE?

Since the dryer does a vibrating dance across the basement floor and has included a high pitched squeaking noise (which you can hear all over the house, upstairs) rejecting my persistent demand for usage. We finally have agreed to purchase a washer and dryer (so maybe it was me making the decision, neither here nor there).

For our first stop, we decide to head to Home Depot to check out prices. Of course, we have the three in tow, which will make the adventure even more challenging.

We get to the appliance section of the store and start looking around. For about fifteen minutes, we are comparing prices on the models that we are interested in meanwhile the girls are running and goofing around (being silly as usual) opening up every appliance they can open.

It occurs to me there are absolutely no employees anywhere. You think we would have at least maybe seen one employee walking around or on the computer or even working with another customer, but no, nada. Then I think, maybe I need to get my kids under control and then we can be more approachable.

Drill sergeant mom appears and lines the kids up against a wall and threatens if they move, make a sound or whine they will lose out on the bike ride later this afternoon. We continue on, looking at the higher end models and still no sales person.

This is starting to piss James off of course, so he says HELL-OOOO! ANYONE THERE?” He was kind of loud and I started quietly laughing.

No response.

“I GUESS WE’LL BE GOING TO SEARS THEN!”


Still, no response.

As we are leaving the appliance area, some lady comes running after us to tell us that the appliance employee is back in the warehouse and will be out in just a minute (what on a 20 minute smoke break? Then get some freakin’ back up).

Then the manager intersects us before we leave as well.

She asks, “Can I help you?” while talking into her walkie-talkie.” (Yeah, don’t let us interrupt your very important job with soooo many customers in the store).

I understand the economy is a little slow, but come on.

I reply, “We were interested in purchasing a washer and dryer, but we have three small children and they just can’t wait around anymore.”

No response.

And we make our exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment