Tuesday, August 4, 2009

To all the Honda Odyssey lovers…

To all you Honda Odyssey Minivan fanatics out there, this car absolutely, totally and utterly SUCKS!

With that being said, I feel much better now. Over the years, I can’t even count how many times people have told me that the Honda Odyssey is the safest and best Minivan on the market. My reply is it might be the safest Minivan, but it is not the safest vehicle on the market. I don’t think Minivans are safe at all (purely my opinion, can you tell I don’t like minivans?). There are so many other vehicles that are safer. I don’t have the list of safest vehicles out there, but if you can prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so.

I can tell you that my experience in the Honda Odyssey was a far cry from feeling safe in (I understand that it was a rental, but the car should be safe across the board whether you have leather seats or any of the extras in the car or not). As most foreign cars feel to me, I truly felt like I was driving a tin can. In addition every time I would break, something funky would happen with the steering wheel. It felt like the steering was locking (very strange). Plus the radio seek buttons were practically on the passenger side of the vehicle. Not safe to be leaning that far over and changing radio stations. I swear people couldn’t see the van when they were changing lanes (I drive very safe when I am in another state. It wasn’t me!). The driver’s seat was extremely uncomfortable, no lumbar support and the head rest was angled funny.

Now that I got that off my chest, I am happy to be back driving my gas guzzling four-wheel drive SUV. Have a nice day!

1 comment: